Language : English | Author : James Kannanthanam CMF
|Book Name :||PROTECTION OF MINORS EDUCATING PRIESTS, RELIGIOUS AND LAITY|
|Weight (In gms) :||250|
|Book Ref Number :||ISBN : 978-81-87804-83-3|
|Number of Pages :||376|
The course on Protection of Minors in our different Institutes is conducted generally in collaboration with the Centre for Child Protection (CCP), Gregorian University, Rome and is a participation in the efforts of the Catholic Church to address the issue of clerical child sexual abuse. The resources of CCP units are made use of along with other resources in preparing the lessons.
This book is made for the purpose of:
• Increasing sensitivity in the Church and in society at large about the issue of child sexual abuse in general and to address the clerical child sexual abuse in particular.
• Enabling safe discourse about the risk of abuse.
• Information and an amount of competence in therapeutic and pastoral care.
• The spiritual and psychological empowerment of those who have been or could be harmed,
• Understanding the abusive behaviours and managing the perpetrators
• Acquiring knowledge and best practices in safeguarding.
• To know the best possible responses to give in crisis
• To provide support, assistance, guidance and advice for those experiencing the problem.
• To understand the effect of the problem on the victims, clergy, families and local church
• The things to be taken care in formation for prevention
Though discussed in the context of the Church, the problem addressed is not specifically clerical child sexual abuse but more the problem of child sexual abuse in general so that we as religious and priests can intervene to protect the children in all the contexts. Of course, the book can be of use for anybody who wants to acquire knowledge on the subject and for providing information for those in initial and ongoing formation in priestly or consecrated life. Reading further the proposed books and articles and watching the videos and discussing in groups are recommended in order to make it contextual and practical.
James Kannanthanam CMF He is a Claretian Missionary presently doing ministry in the Institute for Consecrated Life in Asia (ICLA), Philippines. After his licentiate in Psychology from the Institute of Psychology, Gregorian University, Rome, he took his doctorate in Organization Development (OD) from SAIDI, Philippines and had a post-doctoral diploma in Protection of Minors from Centre for Child Protection (CCP), Gregorian University. This book is a contribution in the Church's effort to address the issue of clerical child sexual abuse and promote protection and safety for children in the Church and society.
Developed by : DoBIG